Sunday, February 15, 2009

2009 F1 Rules

I've never been a huge race fan, unless it involves:

A: Beaters (Condensed version)

B: Anything that goes on for 24 hours

C: Any race where my car usually wins

(If you click any of those, please click the first one. Epic, epic event that I plan on attending this year. Too awesome for words.)

That being said, I don't really get into Formula1 racing that much, but I found this interesting (and so did reddit). It's a nifty two minute video compiling the controversial changes made to Formula1 rules this year, and it's really kind of interesting, race fan or not.


Project RX-8 has taken a turn for the... expensive. In order to get wheels and tires that are wider than what comes on a Corvette to fit in there, I'm going to have to pull the fenders out at least an inch all around, take out the plastic wheel-well innards, buy all new suspension to dampen body roll, and to dial in some negative camber to prevent rubbing. Plus the fancy new lug nuts, valve stems that are compatible, and centercaps.

But holy goddamn is it going to stick like glue.

No comments:

Post a Comment