Thursday, February 12, 2009

cum cum cum

If anyone at all cares about "Project RX-8," I have quite an update. I figure this car will see a lot of actual track time this year, so i've made what I consider to be a wise investment. That being said, I also believe paying $3xx.xx a month for a car that I very rarely drive was also a wise investment, so.

I give to you, reader, almost an entire foot of barely street legal rubber, in the form of a super sticky track tire known as the RT-615:




And, to finish those off, some ultra lightweight 17x10 (18" wheels FTL.) 5zigen FN01-RC's in mat black:



Yes, I am insane. Tires this wide are normally only reserved for, well, Corvettes. They'll probably stick out of the fenders a good half-inch. Sure, my gas mileage will be adversely affected by the rolling resistance created by a solid foot of rubber on each tire pounding the ground, but what the hell. It can't get much worse than it already is. I'll do what it takes for the grippiest setup that my maniacal mind could think up. I mean, how terrifying will an RX-8 with flat black 11" wide wheels and tires sticking out of the fenders look when it rolls up and shoots flames at you?

New private tag idea: "ANTIDRF"

3 comments:

  1. Love it dude. Will all four be the same size or will just the rears be huge? Better start shaving down your fender wells.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they'll all be the same size, and yes, i took off early yesterday to run down to the body shop and see if they could actually pull the rear fender out an inch. they're still going to stick out some and look mean as hell.

    ReplyDelete